Products in this Bundle (2)
Also included in
- Are you ready to try an Escape Room event with your elementary students? I have some perfect choices for you and they all feature NO LOCKS! These escape room events all feature tasks that students complete to "unlock" each portion of the escape. After completing four tasks the teams escape. Your pre$63.00$80.00Save $17.00
What a great problem-solving event this is to send your students into summertime! Escape the Water Park is perfect for those last weeks of school. Your class will love this engaging event and you will love the easy prep! And, after escaping your students will have the Water Slide STEM Challenge!
In this No Locks Escape Room students complete tasks to earn a method of ‘escaping’. The prep for the events with NO LOCKS is minimal- just making copies. No locks or boxes! Teams are working together to escape the water park.
NOTE: This Escape Room is available in money-saving bundles:
THE ESCAPE ROOM
This event is called Escape the Water Park. Students will complete 4 tasks. Each task will lead to a number or word clue. When the answer is shown to you, students have unlocked that task and will be awarded a hole punched on their team ticket. Students will make their way through a paper Water Park Maze that includes the four tasks and two time-out spots. After getting through the last task the team has Escaped the Water Park.
The scenario for students is: Teams are visiting a water park! There are many bonus attractions at this park. This includes amusement park rides, prize booths, snack counters, and of course, water slides. Teams will make their way through the Water Park Maze by completing some tasks. Some of the tasks are just participation and some are problems to solve. For each task completed the team's ticket will be punched. Collect 4 punches and they Escape the Water Park!
NOTE: Students use a maze to travel through the 'pretend' water park. They do not actually move around your school or classroom!
Tasks that must be completed are:
- For the first task, students complete a logic puzzle about the bumper car ride. This is provided in two ability levels.
- For the second task, students solve addition problems using snack prices.
- For the third task, students read a passage about Ferris Wheels and respond to multiple-choice questions.
- For the fourth task, students determine if sentences about waterparks are written correctly or have errors in grammar or spelling.
Included in this resource, you will find:
- Table of contents
- Overview and Tips page
- Check-off sheet for planning and prep
- Scenario and Rules of the Escape Room (for students)
- Water Park Mazes
- Team Tickets
- Task 1- teacher’s guide, Bumper Car Rally (logic puzzle), answer keys- provided in two ability levels
- Task 2- teacher’s guide, Snack Time (addition using money amounts), answer key
- Task 3- teacher’s guide, The Ferris Wheel (reading passage), answer key
- Task 4- teacher’s guide, Water Parks (grammar and spelling) answer key
- Escape Hints for students
- Award certificates - in color and black/white
- Water Park Maze in full-size and in black/white
- Extra page of tips
NOTE: The Escape Room event can be completed in 30-45 minutes.
NOTE: YOUR PREP for the Escape Room includes:
- Copying the 4 task sheets for students
- Copying and cutting apart the Water Park Mazes and team tickets
- Optional copies: scenario and rules sheet, hints, and certificates.
NOTE: This Escape Room does not use real locks.
THE STEM CHALLENGE
For the Water Slide STEM challenge, students will be using materials to plan a design and then construct a working water slide that will transport a toy figure down the slide- without leaking water. The main materials for the slide part are not waterproof so students will have to plan ahead for how to line their slide so it won’t spill water. The slide must also resemble a slide, have a turn in it, and have an access point- like a ladder. Students will use the steps of the Engineering Design Process as you follow the pages of detailed and labeled teacher directions pages.
You will need supplies in addition to this package. This includes straws, pipe cleaners, aluminum foil, plastic wrap, waxed paper, bowls, masking tape, cardboard tubes, paper towels, cups, and toy figures.
The package specifically includes:
- Teacher background
- Materials and preparation page
- 4 pages of teacher directions
- Constraints list
- 4 pages of photographs
- Extra Hints page
- Student lab sheet –with sample answers
- Scoring rubric
- All forms are provided in an editable format.
- The page count listed for this package includes everything.
This challenge will need 1 class session (1 hour) to complete.
You might also enjoy these Escape Room Bundles:
- Escape the Maze
- Escape the Blizzard
- Escape the North Pole
- Escape the Principal's Office
- Escape the Candy Factory
- Escape the Rainbow
- Escape the Game
- Earth Day Escape
- Escape the Library
- Escape the School
- No Locks Escape Room and STEM Bundle
You might also enjoy these Resources:
- End of the Year Escape Room (with locks)
- End of the Year Memory Booklet
- Water Slides STEM Challenge
- Hammocks STEM Challenge
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies, and product launches:
Click here to follow my store. It’s that easy to receive email updates about Teachers Are Terrific!
Keep in Touch!
Thank you so much,
Teachers Really are Terrific!