The bundle includes a 14-assignment pack and accompanying assessment for a total of 54 pages! For the novel Esperanza Rising by Pam Munoz Ryan, this document can act as a reading analysis for each chapter, guided reading group work, class guided notes, or homework for each night! The document has 14 assignments - one for every chapter of the book. For each assignment, students answer about 7-8 questions on skills such as...
• Identifying main idea and support using details from the text
• Identifying and analyzing parts of plot – how elements of a story interact
• Identify conflict and types of conflict
• Analyze how conflict affects characters and creates suspense
• Analyze character and make inferences about character motivation
• Identify and analyze symbols for their deeper meaning
• Identify themes of the text and explain the lesson learned
• Analyze the effectiveness of flashbacks and foreshadowing
• Analyze setting and how it affects characters and conflict
• Analyze imagery, figurative language, and quotes to determine author's purpose
• Make inferences and support with evidence from the text
• And many more skills!
The first page is a responsibility sheet. For each assignment the student turns in, completed, and on time, they receive a stamp. Incomplete assignment or homework receives an X and stamp, and missed assignment or homework results in an X. Students love a fully stamped assignment or homework sheet!
Also included is an answer key! The key provides answers to the questions but not all questions fit into just one answer! Use at your discretion.
As part of the bundle, a comprehensive assessment is included. The test includes 7 character quote matching section, 14 multiple choice questions, 4 short answer questions, and 1 longer analysis question.
An answer key is also included for the test. The document is also in Word to allow for modifications to fit your classroom.