This is a complete multicultural novel unit for Esperanza Rising. I created this original unit several years ago and have used it multiple times with my middle school students. Learning activities cover key topics such as independence, personal growth, civil rights, economic disparity, racism, and emotional health.
This novel unit includes:
1) 19-day lesson plan with daily theme and homework assignments
2) Class activities to integrate other subjects (history, economics, language arts, social/emotional learning and Spanish)
3) Reading guides for every 2 "chapters" & answer keys
4) Two vocabulary review sheets & answer keys
5) Spanish vocabulary activity & answer key
6) Novel test & answer key
7) List of novel project ideas
This is great resource for any teacher who wants to incorporate various themes and subject matters within a novel unit.
*For future literature units, please consider my other original products:
From the Mixed-Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler: Novel Unit
Flowers for Algernon Unit
Hatchet Novel Unit
The Outsiders: Reading Guides Packet