Esperanza Rising Novel Study is a complete and engaging novel study for the book by Pam Munoz Ryan. It's all you need while teaching various reading skills, grammar and vocabulary!
It is divided into 7 sections (each section consists of 2 chapters).
This unit includes the following:
• Esperanza Rising title page for students
• Meet the Author
• Author Research and an Author Study graphic organizer
• Prediction page
• Character notes – main and minor characters
• Chapter summaries and response – one for each section
• Vocabulary pages for each section
• Vocabulary words – total of 42 (6 per section)
• Vocabulary – many different activities and options included (an Interactive Vocabulary page for every 2 or 4 words-just print how many needed!)
• Quizzes including vocabulary for all 7 sections (1 page for all quizzes including vocabulary, multiple choice questions and 1 or 2 short answer questions)
• Book Test (including matching characters, multiple choice, short and long answer questions)
• Writing activities
• Reading Skills: cause and effect, character analysis, character traits, compare and contrast, figurative language, journal pages for each part, main idea, quotes, sequence, setting, story plot, summary & response, theme
• Extras: Word Work (dictionary work), a mystery picture (Color-by-Character)
• Answer keys for entire unit
• Common Core standards page included in packet for 4th-6th grades.
Esperanza Rising | Pam Munoz Ryan | Book Study | Novels | Character Analysis | Character Traits | Characters | Setting | Theme
Click on the green star next to my store logo to learn about future sales, new products, and freebies from my store.
Other Language Arts Resources available:
★ Number the Stars Novel Study
★ Frindle Novel Study
★ Wonder Novel Study
★ The Tale of Despereaux Novel Study
★ On My Honor Novel Study
★ Maniac Magee Novel Study
★ Sarah, Plain and Tall Novel Study
★ Because of Winn-Dixie Novel Study
★ Persuasive Writing
★ Prefixes, Suffixes and Roots Bundle
★ Word Work - Vocabulary
★ Word Work - Spelling
★ Parts of Speech Review
★ Freebie! Morning Work
Follow Me on Pinterest www.pinterest.com/thereadingnook/
My email is email@example.com if you need to contact me.