Also included in
- Set up your essay writing curriculum in a snap with these materials for narrative, explanatory, argumentative, and research writing. What is it? It's not only a bundle of my best-selling, classroom-tested units and resources for writing, but with this set of resources, you will have a full year's w$152.74$169.71Save $16.97
Providing genuine feedback and individualized comments is crucial for students to grow as writers, but responding to student drafts or scoring essays can take forever and can feel redundant especially when you have hundreds of essays and many students make the same errors over and over (despite your having taught the skill prior). There must be something that's easy and effective, I thought. I've been using essay annotating codes for years, but with more experimentation with Google classroom and need for individualized instruction, I've refined my process. Now you can benefit, too!
Teacher Experience: With these essay feedback codes, you’ll have essay grading annotating codes () plus interactive, right-at-your fingertips feedback and tutorials to share with students. You’ll comment on student drafts using the quick and easy essay grading codes on paper or online. I've also written up an extensive list of positive and encouraging comments, too. If you are using Google Classroom to give digital feedback, you can load the preset codes, comments, and video tutorials right into your comment bank (tutorial included). If you are using paper, you’ll just print a copy of the codes for your students and yourself. Just like that, you'll have more detailed, customized, interactive, and thorough feedback in half the time!
Student Experience: After you hand back drafts with the codes marked, students will look for the error code on their cheat sheet, and find the corresponding QR code to scan in their Feedback Flipbook. Students will have direct, differentiated instruction and support with just a click of a button! If students are reviewing their essays via Google classroom, they will be able to see your comments and click right over to a tutorial with more information. This resource is perfect for re-teaching, differentiation, intervention, and helping students help themselves.
- Suggestions for use
- 100% editable format in PPT and Google Slides
- Printable codes for teacher and student use (make it poster size, load it into your online classroom, or print one for each student)
- Printable flip book with QR codes and shorten links for tutorials (make them poster size, make a bulletin board with them, or print one for each student to assemble)
- Pre-formatted codes with tutorial links ready for you to load into your Google comment bank with just one click (instructions included)
- *YouTube access required to access video tutorials
See more tips for lessening the essay-grading burden at my blog post @ https://juliefaulknersblog.com/tips-for-grading-essays-to-save-time/.
For an extensive over and to see how I use these comments, visit my IGVT channel @ https://www.instagram.com/tv/CFdLCazh3rE/.
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches. Look for the green star next to my store logo and click it to FOLLOW ME. Voila! You will now receive email updates about my store.
Join me for more bright ideas:
Please, one classroom use only. Additional licenses are sold at checkout. This license is nontransferable. Not eligible for online environments unless password protected. Posting openly online is prohibited. No part of this resource can be used for commercial purposes, altered, or resold. This work is my original work, and taking portions of it to create something else for resale is prohibited.