Transtions are a crucial part of writing an effective essay. This free lesson provides list of transition words to use in a variety of circumstances and facilitated activities to help students create smooth transtions within paragraphs and between paragraphs.
Persuasive Argument Writing Unit Bundle
Literary Analysis Essay Writing
Rhetorical Analysis Essay Writing
Expository Essay Writing
Ultimate Writing Bundle
Critical Thinking and Argument Writing Bundle
Included with this lesson
1. TEACHER GUIDE: Full lesson plan
2. PPT LECTURE: ppt slides that coincide with student handouts
3. STUDENT NOTES AND HANDOUTS
4. Guided Practice
5. Independant Practice
Use the PPT and student notes to facilitate a lecture on the elements and strategies to write transitions within paragraphs.
Guided Practice Use the lecture and exercises to guide students in develop transitions within paragraphs and links between paragraphs.
Independent Practice Have students complete the transitions within paragraphs exercises
1. Divide students into groups of 4-6 to discuss their work.
2. Use the completed worksheets to develop classroom facilitated discussion