Why do students dread writing essays? I've discovered that the writing of the essay itself is not the problem - it's the fact that students do not understand the format and elements of the essay.
This essay scavenger hunt is an effective tool to incorporate into an essay writing unit. In this activity, students go on a scavenger hunt after reviewing all of the information required to write an essay. It is essentially the final 'test' to see if they actually acquired the information before they begin writing their essay.
This is appropriate for
• Elementary school students that need experience
• Middle school students that need guidance
• High school students that need practice
- be introduced to the various elements of an essay
- identify the various important parts of an essay
- be able to recognize proper formatting
- label elements related to essay writing
- review and assess a peers essay
Teacher instructions, sample essays, and answer keys have been provided!
Check out the FREE preview to have a look closer look at the activity.
© The Classroom Sparrow
: This product is a part of a discounted unit bundle containing a variety of Essay Writing Resources
Clip art provided by Tim van de Vall
. Fonts provided by KG Fonts