Essay Writing Unit: Teach Your Students to Write an Essay (Bundle - Digital)
- Google Apps™
- Easel Activity
What educators are saying
Products in this Bundle (9)
showing 1-5 of 9 products
Also included in
- If you are looking for resources for an entire year of middle school ELA or high school English, this secondary ELA curriculum is for you! This English Curriculum includes both traditional print and editable digital files to help you plan your best year yet!This ELA curriculum is ideal for grades 7-Price $349.99Original Price $674.56Save $324.57
- This is a custom ELA bundle for Tricia. For larger bundle requests ($150.00 and up before the discount), please email me at thedaringenglishteacher (at) gmail (dot) com. For the custom bundle request, please send me a link to all of the resources you wish to include.Please note that bundles automatiPrice $230.83Original Price $256.48Save $25.65
Teach your students how to write an essay! This comprehensive essay writing bundle includes teaching resources and lessons for every part of an essay.
First, focus on teaching the thesis statement and introductory paragraph.
The first writing unit includes targeted teaching strategies to teach students how to write a thesis statement and an introduction to an essay. This thesis writing teaching unit includes a teaching presentation (PowerPoint and Google Slide) for direct instruction. This teaching presentation includes differentiation and examples to help students become stronger writers. There is also a PDF and a Google Doc for students to practice their work.
Then, teach students about topic sentences and body paragraphs.
The second writing unit helps students learn how to write specific and focused topic sentences and body paragraphs. For the body paragraphs, students will learn how to include and explain examples. This body paragraph and topic sentence teaching unit includes a teaching presentation (PowerPoint and Google Slide) for direct instruction. This teaching presentation includes differentiation and examples to help students become stronger writers. Plus, the examples are color-coded to help students see the various elements of a body paragraph. There is also a PDF and a Google Doc for students to practice their work.
Finally, teach the conclusion.
Teach students how to write a concluding paragraph to their essay. This part of the writing unit also includes direct instruction materials and student practice.
PowerPoint presentations included in this unit are color-coded, engaging, and filled good and bad examples to help your students improve their writing today. The teaching resources and supplementary materials are differentiated and scaffolded to help student writers of all abilities.
Digital version included - Now optimized for distance learning and Google Classroom!
The PowerPoint/Google Slide:
- 25 slides in three different presentations
- includes writing examples
- includes good and bad examples
- individual and group activities and practice
- introduction, body, and concluding paragraph organizers
- guided introduction, body, and concluding paragraph outlines
- student reference guides
- classroom activities
This BUNDLE includes:
Essay Writing: Mastering the Essay Outline with Guided Instructions
Thesis Statement and Introduction: Essay Writing
Topic Sentence and Body Paragraph: Essay Writing
Essay Writing: Mastering the Conclusion
* Make sure you click the "follow" button next to my picture so you don’t miss out on sales and new resources
* Please provide feedback on this resource. Doing so will help you earn TPT credits that you can apply toward future purchases! It’s like FREE TPT cash!
© The Daring English Teacher, Inc.
All rights reserved. License good for single-classroom use only.
Check out my other WRITING RESOURCES