THIS IS IT! Understand how to teach the parts of a paragraph and essay in a way that makes sense.
This is your DEFINITIVE GUIDE for teaching how to RESEARCH to write ESSAYS and PARAGRAPHS in a step-by-step way to build strong, independent WRITERS.
This is a HOW-TO for writing strong ESSAYS for students in grades 5 - 10.
Do your students need a little more work on stand-alone PARAGRAPH? This guide teachers how to write STRONG PARAGRAPHS, too.
Students RESEARCH using TWO PAIRED high Interest, leveled articles. Each articles' reading level is at an ending 4th grade. Interest Level 5 - 12th grades
SAMPLE ANCHOR paragraphs and essays included
This WRITING Resource is 125 pages of process-based SAMPLES, EXAMPLES, HAND OUTS, and HOW-TO's for
- Thesis Statements
- Topic Sentences
- Text-to-text / Self / World Connections
It also includes
• a Teaching Timeline
• a Process for Teaching Paragraphs
• a Step-by-Step Process for Teaching Essays
• a Visual Checklist--Color Coding
• Frames and Hand Outs
• Anchor Essays and Paragraphs
• Two paired nonfiction articles, "The Life in Antarctica" and "The Marvelous Manta" written at an ending 4th grade reading level
Understand how to teach the parts of a paragraph and essay in a way that makes sense.