This 7-page PDF document is a bundle of all of my back-to-school documents for a middle school classroom. Included are 6 documents: Classroom Rules and Expectations for a Middle School Classroom, Middle School Homeroom Behavior Contract, Million Words or Less Parent Homework Assignment, Beginning of the Year Student Information Sheet, “Getting to Know You” First Day of School IceBreaker Activity, and Social Studies Textbook Scavenger Hunt.
1. Classroom Rules and Expectations for a Middle School Classroom - This two-page PDF document details classroom rules and expectations to get your school year off to a great start. Topics covered include class rules, materials needed, grading, extra credit, absence and late work policies, and class routine. Also included is an area for students and their parents to sign the rules contract-style.
2. Homeroom Behavior Contract – Middle School - This one-page PDF document lists expectations for students during homeroom or study hall. This time of the day can be stressful and frustrating for teachers without guidelines put in place for the students. This document acts as a behavior contract for your students to sign so that they are aware of the expectations that have been put in place for them.
3. Million Words or Less Parent Homework Assignment - This one-page PDF document can be used as an early communication piece between the teacher and parents at the beginning of the school year. It gives the teacher a chance to introduce herself/himself to the parents and also get to know her/his students a little better by allowing the parents to tell (and sometimes brag!) about their children in a million words or less. And the students LOVE the fact that their parents have homework on the first day of school and they don't.
4. Beginning of the Year Student Information Sheet - This one-page PDF document can be used at the beginning of the school year for students to record their information for teachers to keep at their fingertips for easy reference. Included on the page are student basics (homeroom teacher, birthday, etc.), student favorites (candy, music, movies, etc.), as well as parent contact information.
5. “Getting to Know You” First Day of School IceBreaker Activity – This activity is a 1-page PDF document that can be used on the first day of school to help introduce students to their classmates. The document lists 35 facts, such as “Someone who was born in the same month as you”, and students will try to find a classmate who fits that description to sign their page.
6. Social Studies Textbook Scavenger Hunt - This activity is a 1-page PDF document that can be used at the beginning of the school year to help introduce students to social studies and also familiarize them with their new textbooks. This scavenger hunt can easily be adapted to any textbook and used as an individual or cooperative learning activity. This document was originally used in a 6th grade social studies classroom.