Essential Spanish 1 Novice Middle School Spanish Curriculum MEGA BUNDLE present
- Google Drive™ folder
- Easel Activity
- Easel Assessment
What educators are saying
Products in this Bundle (25)
showing 1-5 of 25 products
This is a middle school Spanish bundle of resources to use in a novice Spanish class. Present Tense Spanish Mega Bundle would be perfect for Spanish 1, middle school Spanish, or exploratory Spanish. Try out some comprehensible input with ready-to-go, teacher-tested units focusing on Spanish Super 7 & Sweet 16 verbs, as well as diverse Spanish cultures.
If you are just starting to teach Spanish or just starting to try and incorporate more comprehensible input, this novice Spanish present tense bundle is for you.
Included Present Tense Spanish resources
- ✅ Super 7 & Sweet 16 Present Tense Units (2 weeks each)
- ✅ Super 7 & Sweet 16 Find Someone Who Interpersonal Activities
- ✅ 2 General Para Empezar Class Starter Google Slides (50 slides)
- ✅ Música miércoles & baile viernes Google Slides (60+ slides)
- ✅ Hispanic heritage month & Afro-Latinx music slides (48 slides)
- ✅ March music bracket for Women's History Month
- ✅ 2 General Novice Reading Comprehension (Day of the dead & Ecuador)
- ✅ Mini Cultural Unit for Las Fallas
- ✅ Cultural Activities for Valentine's day, La Bicicleta & Capibaras
- ✅ Ferdinand Movie Guide
- ✅ Spanish Class Culture Project - sub plan or assessment
This Essential novice Spanish bundle includes ready-to-go units and interpersonal speaking activities focusing on the Super 7 & Sweet 16 to start your school year. There are also class starters to help with classroom management while bringing in authentic culture. Additionally, there are seasonal stand-alone culture units or lessons that can be used to mix up your year and infuse the culture of the Spanish-speaking world. These include the Day of the Dead, Valentine's day, Music Bracket, Las Fallas, Hispanic Heritage Music, the film Ferdinand and more.
More information on the included Middle School/Spanish 1 Resources
Super 7 & Sweet 16 Units full units focus on the following verbs
- (es, tiene, le gusta, hay, está, va a, quiere)
- (le da, le dice, hace, puede, pone, sabe, sale, trae, ve, oye, viene
Each of the 2 units includes:
- A possible unit plan lasting up to 2 weeks
- A 40 page Google slideshow with personal questions, 7 (or more) brain break songs (one for each verb) with embedded videos and a mini story.
- An open ended free write quiz
- A student help sheet with each question in Spanish, English, 1st person response, and 3rd person description
- An optional guided notes sheet (great for accommodations)
- A story asking script
- a Poster to hang
These could each be used as their own comprehensible input mini-unit over the course of a couple of weeks, or as a class routine that is spread out and done over a school year. The heart of these units is personal student interviews, focusing on these high-frequency verbs.
2 Find Someone Who people hunt or interview activities are included for each present tense unit as well. These are in PDF only.
They each contain multiple versions to fit a variety of class needs.
- Page 1 - questions with yo form of the answer provided - most basic
- Page 2 - write about friends with the support of s/he forms included - most basic
- Page 3 - questions (without yo form)
- Page 4 - write about friends & self with the support of a word bank
- Page 5 - write about friends & self - most advanced
Included Spanish Bell Ringer Class Starters
- 2 General Para Empezar Google Slides - basic class starters for any time of year
- Música miércoles & baile viernes Google Slides - Music & dance to start class
- Hispanic heritage month & Afro-Latinx music slides - music great for Hispanic Heritage Month & Black History Monty
- March music bracket for Women's History Month - March Madness Music Bracket
Included Spanish Culture Activities
- 2 General Novice readings (Day of the dead/Mexico & Ecuador) - work great as sub plans
- Mini Cultural Unit for Las Fallas - multiple day mini unit, great in March
- Valentine's day lesson plan & authentic reading
- Music activity for La Bicicleta
- Cultural Stations about Capibaras/Ecuador - great distance learning sub-plan
- Ferdinand Movie Guide - great movie unit
- Culture Project - final project if needed
See what other Spanish teachers say about this Middle School Spanish Bundle
- ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ I loved these resources! They were super engaging and my students learned so much! I love to find something I can use with low to no prep that I know is good quality and that my students will also enjoy. Thanks! Camila D
- ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Fantastic resource that contains a plethora of materials to utilize within the classroom for CI! - Chantel (used with grades 5-8)
- ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Great resource! Thank you. This makes it easier to teach without having a textbook which allows for a more authentic language learning experience. - Daisy T
- ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ During school closures, my students and I have loved using the songs provided in this bundle! This bundle has been my introduction to the super 7 verbs (and sweet 16, for that matter). After relying more heavily on a textbook previously, I am so happy about how quickly the super7 unit in this bundle enabled my new students to understand and express some basic information in a totally new language! Thank you for the thought-through and thorough resources. - Katherine E
- ACTFL World-Readiness Standards for Learning Languages
- ✅ Interpersonal Communication
- ✅ Presentational Communication
- ✅ Interpretive Communication
- ✅ Relating Cultural Practices to Perspectives
- ✅ Relating Cultural Products to Perspectives
- ✅ Acquiring Information and Diverse Perspectives
- ✅ Cultural Comparisons
- ✅ Lifelong Learning - using language for enjoyment
⭐️ Bundle & save for a discount ⭐️
Buy this Essential Spanish 1 Bundle for the best deal possible!
⭐️ You might also like Essential Spanish 2/3 - past tense
If you purchase and already have individual items, you can request a refund for the overlaps if needed.
**Please note, this is not a stand-alone Spanish 1 curriculum, but rather these resources could complement and enhance any comprehension-based novice Spanish class. These resources could fill a quarter-long exploratory class. You can see how I use these resources as a part of my Spanish 1 curriculum
Have difficulty with a file?
- These are a mix of PDF Downloads & Google Resources (which will be found in a folder in your Drive called TPT purchases).
- Visit the FAQs section, submit a help ticket, or ask a question on the Q&A tab before leaving feedback.
- Follow my TPT store to see more!
- Check out my blog to see how I use these activities in class. Curriculum.
- Sign up for my mailing list to get resources & inspiration delivered to your inbox
Copyright © Mis Clases Locas
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.