8 slide printable Powerpoint that addresses the major legal decisions of the Supreme Court under Chief Justice John Marshall. Curriculum elements covered in this lesson includes:
- A summary of the Federal Judiciary Act and the original set-up of the Judicial Branch
- A summary of John Marshall's background and beliefs on the role of the Federal government and Judicial Branch
- A breakdown of the accomplishments of the Marshall Court
- An analysis of the Marshall Court's major (most tested) cases including; Marbury v. Madison, McCullough v. Maryland, Gibbon v. Ogden (Note: Worcester v. Georgia is covered on Jackson ppt.)
Power point includes:
- Important terms listed and emphasized that frequently appear on NY State U.S. History Regents Exams
- Numerous photographs and portraits of current and former Supreme Court Justices
- Numerous graphics and political cartoons to support understanding of difficult concepts such as Centralization
***Intended for use in U.S. History classrooms in preparation for the New York State U.S. History & Government Regents Exam***
!!!!!!!!Cloze notes (Guided notes) available free upon request!!!!!!!
Email me personally for a version of the Power point with important terms and information missing for students to fill in for increased focus and concentration. Customers can email me at Lupp2@yahoo.com and I will reply with the Cloze version attached.