Estimation 4th grade: Estimation 4th grade 4.4G Round to the nearest 10, 100 or 1,000 or use compatible numbers to estimate solutions involving whole numbers.
| estimate | estimation | add | subtract | multiply | divide | round | number line | place value | fluently | fluency | magnitude | relative size | compatible numbers | compatible | nearest 10 | nearest 100 | nearest 1,000 | rounding |
This bundle includes:
* 40 Slide - Animated PowerPoint with Student Participation and Interaction
* Estimation Game - Students play with partners and choose to round by 10 or 100 in order to reach a goal of 1,000 points. The player closest to 1,000 without going over wins. There is an addition version and a subtraction version which can be played at different times.
* Mental Math Marathon Activity - Small group activity where students use mental math and estimation to be the first in their team to correctly match up number sentences with sums, differences, products or quotients. Three versions are included along with answer keys. This can also be played as a whole group activity to reduce the number of copies needed for small groups.
* Independent Practice Sheets - Assess the students' fluency and accuracy for using estimation to add and subtract or multiply and divide. This practice page can be used again later to increase fluency.
* 16 Task Cards with Real-World Problems - Use as a Work Station, Small Group Activity or Independent Practice
I have bundled both the 2010 version of PowerPoint and the '97-2003 version to meet the needs of all customers. I have also embedded the font for compatibility issues. In order to maintain the animation features, most of the text can be edited. Clip art and background design cannot be removed or tampered with for copyright purposes.
See the preview for more details.
You may also like:
4th Grade Rounding PowerPoint
4th Grade Rounding Task Cards
4th Grade Rounding Bundle with PowerPoint, Task Cards and Practice Pages
Math Activities for Early Finishers
Please visit My TpT Store
for more engaging resources.
This product, created by Paula McClendon, at Dazzle on a Dime, LLC is licensed for one classroom use only. If you wish to share this resource, additional licenses can be purchased at a discounted price.