NOTE: THIS PRODUCT IS MEANT TO BE USED AFTER STUDENTS READ THE BOOK.
Students solve this puzzle by providing synonyms or antonyms for 25 vocabulary words from ETHAN FROME. Each word is presented in the original sentence from the book. Also, these 25 words are the same ones from the Words to Know list on the Ethan Frome edition of Bookmarks Plus; use both to reinforce meaning!
Examples of clues:
* He continued with rising VEHEMENCE “You can’t put her out of the house like a thief—a poor girl without friends or money.” (syn.) ANSWER: anger
* It looked EXANIMATE enough, with its idle wheel looming above the black stream dashed with yellow-white spume... (ant.) ANSWER: lively
* ...the wild wonder of knowing at last that all that had happened to him had happened to her too, made the other vision more ABHORRENT... (ant.) ANSWER: appealing
* It was almost as if the other face, the face of the SUPERSEDED woman, had obliterated that of the intruder. (syn.) ANSWER: replaced
Here's another unique product over ETHAN FROME—view it in my store!
• Bookmarks Plus: Ethan Frome edition--A Handy Little Reading Aid! Helps students keep track of main characters and provides definitions for new words—and so much more! A lot of helpful information at students’ fingertips! Students and teachers alike are delighted with these handy reading aids!
Word-Wise Language Arts Resources
—100s of unique products over most-taught literature!
Fun Teaching~Fun Learning!