Ethos, Pathos, Logos - Rhetorical Appeals and Analysis Unit
What educators are saying
Also included in
- Argument Writing Unit: This unit is common core aligned and includes everything you need to teach your middle and high school students about argumentative writing including persuasive strategies, ethos, pathos, and logos, and more.This unit focuses on building better arguments and stronger writers bPrice $27.00Original Price $38.50Save $11.50
- This writing unit includes 15 of my best writing resources including research paper writing, argument writing, narrative writing, informative writing, and more! This is perfect for the secondary ELA classroom. This writing mega bundle contains all of the writing resources, teaching materials, assignPrice $76.40Original Price $95.50Save $19.10
- This secondary English curriculum includes enough materials for an entire year’s worth of high school and middle school English instruction. This includes resources for reading, writing, grammar, vocabulary, and more!**These resources are sold as PowerPoint presentations for instruction and securedPrice $239.99Original Price $405.92Save $165.93
- Increase student understanding with hands-on and engaging rhetorical analysis resources. This analysis unit includes many rhetoric resources including complete lessons and activities. Rhetorical Analysis with Sticky NotesThis lesson includes:an editable, 87-slide PowerPoint for teaching rhetoricalPrice $41.00Original Price $52.99Save $11.99
- If you are looking for resources for an entire year of middle school ELA or high school English, this secondary ELA curriculum is for you! This English Curriculum includes both traditional print and editable digital files to help you plan your best year yet!This ELA curriculum is ideal for grades 7-Price $349.99Original Price $567.70Save $217.71
Make teaching ethos, pathos, and logos fun and engaging with this rhetorical appeals unit! This comprehensive rhetorical appeals unit includes everything you need to teach your middle and high school students about the different, effective persuasive and argumentative writing strategies, including ethos, pathos, and logos.
⭐️ 2023 UPDATE: Now includes PRINT AND DIGITAL!
Teach your students about rhetorical appeals using the engaging and interactive multi-day instructional slide. Students follow along with the ethos, pathos, and logos direct instruction using the included rhetorical appeals graphic organizers and doodle notes.
This Digital & Print Rhetorical Appeals Unit Includes:
- An editable, 37-slide PowerPoint (Google Slides, too)
- Suggested lesson plan calendar
- Ethos Pathos Logos Doodle Notes
- Rhetorical Triangle Doodle Organizer
- Two informational text activities for individual or group practice
- Three full-text informational passages (The Gettysburg Address, Chief Joseph's surrender speech, and Lou Gehrig's Farewell to Baseball speech)
- Writing with appeals activity
- Argumentative essay handout
- Thesis graphic organizer
- Counterclaim graphic organizer
- Essay outline
- Peer edit form
- Argumentative essay rubric
- Suggested answer keys for three speeches
- Includes digital Google slides!
Students will love how engaging this unit is, and this unit delivers content in an easy-to-understand and accessible manner. They'll enjoy the ethos, pathos, and logos activities and improve their understanding of ethos, pathos, and logos from day 1.
Prep is quick and easy... Just follow along with the suggested pacing guide, teach the content on the slides to students, and print out the organizers and activities!
TEACHERS LIKE YOU SAID…
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Brittany O. says, "This was the first time I have used notes like these before, and my students ate them up! I even had an unexpected walk-through during the period and my AP loved them, as well!"
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Christina G. says, "A great supplement for my rhetoric unit to provide support for students who were struggling and to provide additional checks for understanding. Having short, complex texts for a quick review was perfect for my needs."
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ First of Her Name. says, "The graphic organizers in this resource are perfect! My students have always struggled with writing thesis statements and counterclaims, but the worksheets in this resource made it incredibly simple! I saw so many lightbulbs click on when using this in my classes!"
You may also like…
* Make sure you click the "follow" button next to my picture so you don’t miss out on sales and new resources
* Please provide feedback on this resource. Doing so will help you earn TPT credits that you can apply toward future purchases! It’s like FREE TPT cash!
© The Daring English Teacher, Inc.
All rights reserved. License good for single-classroom use only.