Also included in
- Argument Writing Unit: This unit is common core aligned and includes everything you need to teach your middle and high school students about argumentative writing including persuasive strategies, ethos, pathos, and logos, and more.This unit focuses on building better arguments and stronger writers b$22.99$29.24Save $6.25
- A Secondary ELA Curriculum Bundle that offers both traditional print and Google digital resources for middle school ELA and high school English!Engage your students digitally with this traditional print and Google-based secondary English language arts curriculum bundle. This secondary English resour$349.99$636.83Save $286.84
- Digital and Print Rhetorical Appeals Teaching Unit! This common core mini-unit includes everything you need to teach your middle and high school students about the different, effective persuasive and argumentative writing strategies in a digital format. This Resource Includes Digital + Print Files:$6.50$11.00Save $4.50
- This writing unit includes 14 of my best writing resources including research paper writing, argument writing, narrative writing, informative writing, and more! This is perfect for the secondary ELA classroom. This writing mega bundle contains all of the writing resources, teaching materials, assign$69.99$88.97Save $18.98
- Increase student understanding with hands-on and engaging rhetorical analysis resources. This analysis unit includes many rhetoric resources including complete lessons and activities. Rhetorical Analysis with Sticky NotesThis lesson includes:an editable, 87-slide PowerPoint for teaching rhetorical$36.99$52.99Save $16.00
- This secondary English curriculum includes enough materials for an entire year’s worth of high school and middle school English instruction. This includes resources for reading, writing, grammar, vocabulary, and more!**These resources are sold as PowerPoint presentations for instruction and secured$239.99$422.63Save $182.64
Argument and Persuasive Writing Strategies: This common core mini-unit includes everything you need to teach your middle and high school students about the different, effective persuasive and argumentative writing strategies.
There are TWO different files in the zipped download.
- An editable, 37 slide PowerPoint
- A PDF document with supplementary materials.
The PowerPoints teach students about Ethos, Pathos, and Logos, as well as other persuasive writing strategies. It also includes a mini quiz during the lesson.
The supplementary material includes:
- Suggested lesson plan calendar
- NEW: Ethos Pathos Logos Doodle Notes
- NEW: Rhetorical Triangle Doodle Organizer
- Two informational text activities for individual or group practice
- 3 full-text informational passages (The Gettysburg Address, Chief Joseph's surrender speech, and Lou Gehrig's Farewell to Baseball speech)
- NEW: Writing with appeals activity
- Argumentative essay handout
- Thesis graphic organizer
- Counterclaim graphic organizer
- Essay outline
- Peer edit form
- Argumentative essay rubric
- NEW: Suggested answer keys for three speeches
This resource is included in these two bundles:
Other informational text lessons that might interest you:
Keywords: CCSS, common core, informational texts, informational text, information text lesson, Ethos, Pathos, Logos, Argumentative Writing Unit, Argument Writing, Argument Essay, Argumentative Essay