Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Argument and Persuasive Writing Strategies: This common core mini-unit includes everything you need to teach your middle and high school students about the different, effective persuasive and argumentative writing strategies.
There are TWO different files in the zipped download.
- An editable, 37 slide PowerPoint
- A PDF document with supplementary materials.
The PowerPoints teach students about Ethos, Pathos, and Logos, as well as other persuasive writing strategies. It also includes a mini quiz during the lesson.
The supplementary material includes:
- Suggested lesson plan calendar
- NEW: Ethos Pathos Logos Doodle Notes
- NEW: Rhetorical Triangle Doodle Organizer
- Two informational text activities for individual or group practice
- 3 full-text informational passages (The Gettysburg Address, Chief Joseph's surrender speech, and Lou Gehrig's Farewell to Baseball speech)
- NEW: Writing with appeals activity
- Argumentative essay handout
- Thesis graphic organizer
- Counterclaim graphic organizer
- Essay outline
- Peer edit form
- Argumentative essay rubric
- NEW: Suggested answer keys for three speeches
This resource is included in these two bundles:
Other informational text lessons that might interest you:
Keywords: CCSS, common core, informational texts, informational text, information text lesson, Ethos, Pathos, Logos, Argumentative Writing Unit, Argument Writing, Argument Essay, Argumentative Essay