Argument and Persuasive Writing Strategies: This common core mini-unit includes everything you need to teach your middle and high school students about the different, effective persuasive and argumentative writing strategies.
There are TWO different files in the zipped download.
- An editable, 37 slide PowerPoint
- A PDF document with supplementary materials.
The PowerPoints teach students about Ethos, Pathos, and Logos, as well as other persuasive writing strategies. It also includes a mini quiz during the lesson.
The supplementary material includes:
- Suggested lesson plan ideas
- Two informational text activities for individual or group practice
- A full-text informational passages (The Gettysburg Address and Chief Joseph's surrender speech)
- Argumentative essay handout
- Thesis graphic organizer
- Counterclaim graphic organizer
- Essay outline
- Peer edit form
- Argumentative essay rubric
This resource is included in these two bundles:
Ultimate Writing Bundle for Secondary English
Ultimate Argument Writing Bundle (Grades 7-12)
Other informational text lessons that might interest you:
Annotating Text Made Easy - CCSS aligned
Introduction to Argumentative Writing: a CCSS aligned mini-unit
Understanding Logical Fallacies - CCSS aligned
Keywords: CCSS, common core, informational texts, informational text, information text lesson, Ethos, Pathos, Logos, Argumentative Writing Unit, Argument Writing, Argument Essay, Argumentative Essay