Engaging Rhetorical Appeals & Persuasion Unit! The presentation is a guide to: teach, show examples, assign writing assignments, conduct a project, and give quizzes (all included).
(Editable) 50 slide presentation, two high quality videos, real TV commercial examples, magazine ad examples, warm-ups, tickets out the door, multiple writing assignments, a make-an-ad invention project with student examples, a test that includes real advertisements on the exam, and an additional test with a list of the propaganda / persuasive techniques.
BONUS!!! - This unit includes 5 Days of Lesson Plans too!
- Whew! All of this is organized with an easy to follow 3-5 day presentation that outlines your lesson.
>This is a unit on ethos, pathos, logos where students learn about the terms.
>They review with high quality videos from TED Ed & Read,Write,Think.
>Their understanding is reinforced with lots of examples where they practice trying to identify the appeal (answers provided).
>Then they have the chance to practice with writing assignments. For one assignments students write an argument script and identify the appeals used and in another assignments students practice writing intentionally using the different appeals.
>The project requires creative higher level thinking as students invent an imagined product that they wish existed and then advertise the product.
>Finally they have a final test with real advertisements for students to identify: ethos, pathos, or logos.
I love breaking up an informational lecture with quick high quality videos and examples. I love the test with real advertisement examples. I love the project even more and I am so proud of the students as they invent and market a project.
An incredible value!
- 50 Slide Presentation with information, links, Warm-Ups, examples, etc.
- Ethos, Pathos, Logos Writing Assignment Handout
- Grading Rubric for the Writing Assignment
- 25 Question Test Word Doc that can be cut and pasted into other tests too (think final)
- Key for the 25 Question Test
- Ethos, Pathos, Logos Creative Project
- Propaganda / Persuasion List & Test
- 5 Day Unit Plan with CC standards & Objectives
Other Teacher's Best products that we are proud of -
• Data Sheets:
- EASY GRAPH DATA SHEET
- QUIZ TRACKER
- TIME DATA SHEET
- SIGHT WORDS & Tracking Sheet
• Classroom Essentials:
- ELA RUBRIC BUNDLE
- SUB PLANS BUNDLE
- ELA 11-12 CLASSROOM ESSENTIALS BUNDLE
- ELA 9-10 CLASSROOM ESSENTIALS BUNDLE
- EMERGENCY SUB PLANS
• Literary Terms & Lessons:
- 3-TYPES of IRONY BUNDLE
- IMAGERY & DESCRIPTIVE SENTENCES
- HARLEM RENAISSANCE POETRY EXPLORATION
- GOLDILOCKS & the 3 POEMS
• Final Exams and End of Course Materials:
- COMPLETE English 9-10 Final Exam
- COMPLETE English 11-12 Final Exam
- Self Evaluation Essay
- High School Final Exam Essay
- Peer Editing Sheet
- Rhetoric, Persuasion Terms Mini-Research
- Mythology Poster Project
- To Kill A Mockingbird Movie Permission Slip
We are glad to offer professional and time saving products that add to the amazing things you are already doing in the classroom. Teacher Power!
* How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
Head on over to the My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. I always love getting feedback as it helps me improve on my past and future products. Additionally the feedback gives you credits to use on your future purchases. A win/win!
* Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
Look for the green star near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower. About once a month I like to email my followers about a paid product that will be free for a weekend. Follow and get the heads up!