Planning on doing a FRENCH novel study with your students on “Étrangère chez moi” by De Christy Jordan-Fenton and Margaret Pokiak-Fenton. You will need this resource!
Questioning is a powerful teaching strategy. This FRENCH resource was designed to include both explicit and implicit comprehension questions that will arouse students’ curiosity, help teachers with differentiated learning, provoke critical thinking and reflection, allow students to make connections and transform their thinking.
This FRENCH resource includes:
1) An explanation and examples for teachers of the different types of comprehension questions:
- Explicit (Literal) questions (reading the lines)
- Implicit (Interpretive) questions (reading between the lines)
- Critical thinking questions (reading beyond the lines)
- Creative questions (reading outside the lines)
2) Open ended questions to ask BEFORE, DURING and AFTER the reading
3) Student worksheets with explicit, implicit, critical and creative comprehension questions for each chapter (up to 15 questions per chapter)
4) Answer sheets with accurate page numbers
This resource will allow teachers to foster further learning by creating opportunities of reflection and deeper learner for students.
If you like this resource, don't forget to comment and become a Bonjour Bijou follower. If you have any requests please let me know.
To purchase the book go to: