Included is both a PowerPoint and a worksheet that will get students conjugating and using the two most versatile verbs in the French language - 'être' and 'avoir'.
This bundle is excellent for teaching beginners!
Conjugations are for the present tense (présent).
- Personal subject pronouns (je, tu, il/elle, nous, vous, ils/elles)
- Comparison between conjugating in French and conjugating in English (English speakers conjugate without even knowing it!)
- Conjugations of être and avoir for each pronoun. Audio pronunciations of these conjugations are embedded into the PowerPoint!
- Explanation of silent final consonants in the French language, along with an explanation for liaisons (e.g. Vous avez)
- Review of numbers 1-20, along with using the verb avoir to ask someone their age, or to tell someone your age.
- introduces students to various French expressions using 'être' and 'avoir' (être + adjectif ET avoir + nom).
- In total there are six avoir expressions (plus one example), and ten être expressions (plus one example). Combined, that's a total of 18 expressions!
- Students are asked to translate the expressions. They then get a chance to practice conjugating the verbs in order to make them agree with the subject pronoun/noun.
- Both original word document and PDF included in ZIP file.
Instructions are in English.
Some examples of expressions included:
Avoir faim: to have hunger (In English we say 'to be hungry')
Avoir soif: to have thirst (In English we say 'to be thirsty')
Avoir besoin de: to have need of (In English we say "to need")
Être en forme: to be in shape
Être pressé: to be in a hurry
Être fâché: to be angry
Être fatigué: to be tired