Post-War Europe, Post War Europe, Europe After World War II, Cold War Activity, End of World War II, Start of Cold War, Europe After World War 2.
This activity is a FUN, ENGAGING way to teach about what life was like in Europe after World War II. I use it as one of my first lessons about the COLD WAR. It is a simple activity that gets students to see the devastation of World War II in a visual way. This could be used at the end of a WORLD WAR II unit also, as it is a great way to show what was left after the war.
This is a very STUDENT-CENTERED activity, with students doing the work, and then grading their peers. I personally like to fill out an assessment too, so that I can compare my grades with the student ones. Normally students are very responsible, and enjoy being able to give feedback to other students. Students WILL need internet to complete this activity.
This product is a part of the Cold War Unit. Products from this unit include:
1. Cold War Bellringers
2. Overview of the Cold War Comic Strip Project
3. Cold War Spygate Game - CIA, KGB, and the FBI
4. Europe After World War II Photo Collage Project
5. 5 HIGHLY VISUAL Cold War DBQ Primary Sources
Included in this activity is:
- Background Sheet
- Student Directions for Research, Product, and Presentation!
- Student Peer Assessment Rubric
ENJOY! This is a very ENGAGING and FUN assignment. The students learn so much by DOING HISTORY!