Teaching the physical and human Geography of Europe
Want to examine the geographic data
on the modern European nations
Looking for a no prep
, collaborative resource to introduce a Geography of Europe
This is a student-centered investigation of the Geography and statistics of Europe
for an introduction to a unit on the Geography of the continent.
Students may be assigned to work individually, or they may be assigned to work in small groups to complete the atlas review. Most textbooks have an Atlas section for each continent that will provide all of the needed information for this activity. If you would rather this be an online activity, students may use the websites suggested or one of your choice.
This is planned for a 90 minute class period, but could be split for a 2-day traditional schedule. If students do not finish in class, it would also be a good homework assignment.
Includes summary and wrap-up questions to help students evaluate the information and to make comparisons to earlier studies of the U.S. or other parts of the world.
This lesson is part of a 5-day complete unit available at my TpT store. Look for the Europe Complete Unit for fun activities that are student centered for optimal learning and skills practice.
• Complete Unit on European Geography Europe Physical and Human Geo
• Comparing Country Statistics Geography Europe Research Activity
• Environmental Investigation on Europe for Geography
• Europe Geography Introduction Atlas Activity Physical and Political
• Europe's Geography Collage Project Assessment and Essay Assignment
• European Current Events and News Geography Activity
• European Countries Scavenger Hunt Task Card Game Sets BUNDLE! 5 Sets - 1 Price!
• Geography of Europe Unit Test & Study Guide
Other activities, games, student assignments and complete units are available for Geography, World History, and U.S. History at my TpT store! Check back often for even newer materials!