Also included in
- The Social Studies, Year-Long Bundle provides a complete curriculum for upper-elementary classrooms with a focus on literacy development. 21st Century skills are emphasized with annotation and reading skills development, interactive hands-on activities, research, and more. Student workbooks include$79.95$104.50Save $24.55
- This bundle combines FOUR units into one package: Mesoamerica, European Exploration, Native American Cultural Regions, and 13 American Colonies and provides more than 3 months of NO-Prep lessons. Each unit focuses on literacy and 21st Century skills by emphasizing annotation and reading skills dev$27.95$33.25Save $5.30
- This bundle was customized for a Louisiana teacher by using resources that I have available. It is aligned with current state-standards, and will be adjusted when/if state standards change in the future. Check out the "Bonus File" to get a glimpse of how this bundle addresses Louisiana's Grade 5 S$49.95$58.75Save $8.80
Teach about the explorers of the Western Hemisphere with this 5+ week, no-prep unit on European Exploration. It includes a discussion on indigenous peoples and the African slave trade. You will be provided with lesson plans, a student workbook and accompanying interactive notebook (activity lapbook), a PowerPoint for teacher-guided instruction, and an end-of-unit assessment. The student workbook and PowerPoint are also Google 1:1 compatible. Reading and literacy skill building activities are built-in to the student workbook and encouraged throughout the unit (You can also buy the Student Workbook as a stand-alone resource by CLICKING HERE).
This unit is easy to implement with independent learners and, therefore, can be used in hybrid classrooms, with at-home learners, or fully in-person classes. And as a bonus- your students will love learning about the European Exploration with Tony the Tourist!
- A Student Workbook
- Vocabulary List
- A Unit Outline with lessons and page numbers
- Eight Lessons: 1. An Overview of European Exploration, 2. Spanish Exploration, 3. Portuguese Exploration, 4. French Exploration, 5. English Exploration, 6. Dutch Exploration, 7. Interactions with Indigenous Peoples, 8. Transatlantic Trade
- Reading Passages with Guided Notes
- Reading Skills activities
- Study Guide
- Google 1:1 Compatible
- An Interactive Notebook / Activity Lapbook
- Completely aligned with the Student Workbook
- 6 interactive activities
- Can be used by students independently, for homework, or collaborative learning
- 8 Writing Prompts on a Choice Board
- Vocabulary Flashcards
- Provides a digital format of the Student Workbook
- Great for teacher-guided instruction and read alouds
- Unit content is not editable, but you can add or delete slides
- Google Slides presentation is also included
- Teacher Guide
- Lesson plans with Student Learning Objectives and Essential Questions
- Answer Keys for all resources
- Unit preparation checklist
- State Standards: Common Core, TEKS, VA SOL
- Link to Google compatible Student Workbook
- Editable Word document and PDF provided
- 5 fill-in-the-blank questions with a word bank
- 5 multiple choice questions
- 5 True/False statements
- 2 short response questions
FOLLOW THIS UNIT WITH A UNIT!
Like this activity? "Tony the Tourist" is part of a growing series that offers a fun and interactive way to teach social studies to upper elementary and middle school students. , and you will be the first to know about new resources, freebies, and where Tony is going next!
Reviews are helpful! Go to "My Purchases" in your account, find this resource, and select the option to leave feedback. In return, you will receive "TpT Bucks" to use towards future purchases... it's a win-win!