A quick word about my teaching style so that you know what you are getting into. I have worked at several schools in the past where I did not have the ability to check out books to students because of short supply. Because of this, I created materials in which I wouldn't need my students to have a textbook to be prepared for any tests or quizzes that they received. The power points that I created are quite extensive and include guided notes and video that go along with them. The students do not write down every word from the presentation and can focus on listening and learning the material from the lecture. Additional items that I have posted can be used for notebook check assignments which I usually have whenever I get to the end of a unit.
This bundle, which was created for a World History or World History honors class, includes the following:
- A 90 slide presentation that goes over European exploration and conquest of the New World. This covers the years 1492-1532. The power point also has video of Columbus' voyage to the new world and the fall of the Aztec Empire.
- Three days of guided notes that go along with the presentation. Each day of notes has questions at the end which I use as a notebook check assignment at the end of the unit. The notes are broken up as follows:
Day 1 - Civilizations of the Americas
- Beringia and the Paleo-Indians, the Olmec, Maya, and Aztec cultures.
Day 2 - The Inca and Christopher Columbus
- The notes start by covering the Inca empire and then a detailed account of Christopher Columbus' voyage to the Americas (video included)
Day 3 - Explorers and Conquistadors
- Magellan, Balboa, Cortes, and Pizzaro. This covers the fall of the Aztec and Inca empires (video included)
In addition to the notes, you will receive these other assignments that can be used for in class activities or homework assignments:
- Colonization of North and South America Map activity
-Exploration and colonization homework questions
-Spanish and English explorers chart - Covers the major players From Columbus - Walter Raleigh
- Howard Zinn Christopher Columbus reading with questions - Reading that shows the brutality of European colonization.
- Exploration and Conquest Quiz It consists of five multiple-choice questions, five fill in the blank, five true/false, five matching, and a short essay
Thank you very much for considering this product.