This activity is intended to allow students to write historical fiction through the perspective of a european explorer of their choice.
- Use as an overview of the lesson, so students know what they'll be expected to do at the end
- Also project as the students work as a guide
- Models how to write a quality introduction
- Models how to write a quality conclusion
(Graphic Organizer to use for planning the three body paragraphs)
- The top line is the name of the explorer that the student chose and researched.
- The three descending lines are the main topics of the three paragraphs
- The lines under that are used to plan out the detail sentences for each paragraph
- Whole group revising and editing practice (there are purposeful typos and organization errors to be used to model revising and editing techniques)