European Explorers– A Third Grade PowerPoint Introduction is a 3rd grade level PowerPoint instructional presentation.
This lesson focuses on exploration to the New World. The lesson includes:
• Terminology (explorer, European).
• Introduction to exploration including Marco Polo visiting Asia.
• Introduction to Columbus, De Leon, Cartier, and Newport
• Effects on the American Indians
Also included is 1 editable activity that is also available in PDF form for individual work/assignment.
• Students will be able to identify the explorers Columbus, De Leon, Cartier, and Newport. Students will be able to identify their country of origin and their major accomplishment(s).