A student favorite! Students work in groups of 4 to write and perform a script about European Exploration in the New World.
Before starting this activity, students should have a solid understanding of the motivations, obstacles, and accomplishments of exploration, as well as the areas of conflict and cooperation between the Explorers and the Native Americans.
- Teacher Directions
- Project Assignment Cards
- Student Brainstorm Guide
- Scene Summary Writing Guide
- List of required elements (motivations, obstacles, accomplishments, areas of conflict/cooperation with the Native Americans)
- Script template for struggling students
- Character Development Worksheet
- Student Observation Chart for audience participation
Script writing tasks are provided for:
- Spain (Francisco Coronado)
- France (Samuel de Champlain, Robert La Salle)
- England (John Cabot)
- A blank task card allows teachers to modify this activity for any explorer and any country!!
This activity aligns with Virginia SOL USI.4a, USI.4b, and USI.4c, but is relevant for use in any classroom.
Check out my other products on Teachers Pay Teachers!
Click here to view my store!