Thanks for visiting the Social Studiers! Visit our blog at www.thesocialstudiers.com.
This is a collaborative assignment best done with Google Docs or Prezi and will cover 5-10 class periods.
Teach geography in a new and exciting way with a student-driven research project that has them create a geography adventure along one of Europe's major rivers, coastlines or mountain ranges. Also included is a differentiated map assessment.
Students will collaborate in partners or small groups to create the ultimate travel adventure along their assigned geographic feature.
Students will research:
-The basic characteristics of the geography, like the size, location and climate.
-What major cities and points of interest they'd like to visit along the way.
-How people and the geography interact, what people grow/raise, local food and transportation.
Students will then present their adventures to the class, who will choose which adventure they would want to go on. Included are two graphic organizers, one for research, and one to learn from other students' presentations. Also included is a scoring rubric.
After researching and learning about the land forms of Europe, students will put their knowledge to use creating an annotated physical map of Europe. The map assessment includes options for differentiation, allowing you to challenge every level of learner.
What is included:
1. 17 slide PowerPoint with introduction and instructions for research activity.
2. Lesson outline for 7 periods of activity.
3. Handout with research questions and a graphic organizer for students to organize their research.
4. Rubric to grade presentations.
5. Graphic organizers for students to use during presentations
6. Map assignment with challenge options for higher learners.
7. Printable outline map of Europe