Are you teaching a unit on the Middle Ages
and don't know where to start?
Would you like to include geography skills
practice in your Middle Ages & Renaissance
Investigating European Geography
at the End of the Middle Ages Mapping and Timeline Activity
helps students understand the geographic impacts as the continent transition from the Middle Ages into the Renaissance.
This mapping activity
guides students through mapping the physical features
and significant places
of the Middle Ages and Renaissance
with an introductory reading, guiding questions, mapping tasks, and a mapping & timelining activity to review the Middle Ages
or move them into the Renaissance.
Students can use an atlas with a physical map of the region or online sources to complete the activity.
Reading on the Middle Ages to the Renaissance Era in Europe
European Mapping Activity (Physical & Political aspects)
European Mapping & Timeline Activity (History of the region)
Blank European Maps for activity
Created for use leading into a unit on the Renaissance
, and is included in my Renaissance and Reformation Complete Unit
, but could be used for any geographic study of the region.
Would also be a great refresher activity for a European AP class!
See the PREVIEW for the complete resource!
Visit my Mapping Activities Category for other similar lessons! They are great for introducing each unit in your History Course!
• Middle Ages Complete Unit
• Renaissance and Reformation Complete Unit for World History
• Introduction to the Renaissance from the Middle Ages Step-Notes Lecture
• Middle Ages Daily Life Activity
• Middle Ages Feudalism Game
• Middle Ages Mapping Activity
• Middle Ages Religion Analysis Activity
• Middle Ages Role Cards Activity
• Middle Ages Vocabulary Activity
• Middle Ages Walking Tour Activity
• Mapping the Lands of the Renaissance Activity - Italian and Northern
• Renaissance Walking Tour or Gallery Walk of Florence Italy Centers Activity
• Renaissance People Meet and Greet Activity World History
• Renaissance Art Virtual Tour Analysis Activity Gallery Walk
• Overview of Geography, Population, and Culture into Renaissance Europe
• Renaissance and Reformation Timeline Review Activity
See other Mapping Activities in my Geography IS History Series