This interactive notebook bundle includes everything you need to teach about the European Middle Ages!
The organizers in this resource can be used on their own, or as a supplement to student notes. Interactive notebooks are a great tool to keep students organized and engaged in the lesson!
In this resource you will find...
• 101 graphic organizers
with text on them, and others left blank for your own customization
• 42 pages of thorough suggested answers
that you are free to use with these graphic organizers and flippables.
• Previews of each page in action
for you or your students to reference.
• A cover page and table of contents
for each notebook is also included.
Early Middle Ages
1. Key vocabulary
- Early Middle Ages, Franks, Clovis, Charlemagne, Vikings, feudalism, primogeniture, manorialism, Anglo-Saxons, Alfred the Great, Holy Roman Empire, fief
2. Fall of Rome
- gradual decline, split in two, Rome sacked, Rome falls
3. Byzantine Empire
- death of Theodosius I, Justinian I, Iconoclast controversy, Arab-Byzantine Wars, East-West Schism
4. Christianization of the West
- early Medieval church, Germanic tribes, Hiberno-Scottish mission, Anglo-Saxon mission, Saint Boniface
5. The Franks
- Merovingian Kingdom, Carolingian Dynasty, Charlemagne, Holy Roman Empire, divided empire, Treaty of Verdun
6. Rise of Islam
- expansion, conquest of Hispania, Islam in southern Italy, peak & decline
7. Battle of Tours
- Iberia to Gaul, Odo the Great, Battle of River Garonne, Battle of Tours
- kingdoms, Viking invasion, Alfred the Great, society, government, legacy
- Vikings, language, beginning of the Viking age, Viking age, decline
10. Kievan Rus
- history, establishment, golden age, Vladimir the Great, Yaroslav the Wise, decline
- king, baron, lord, peasants & serfs, the manor
- importance, apprentice, journeyman, master, types of guilds
13. Education & Learning
- science, Carolingian renaissance, Byzantine golden age, monasteries, Islamic learning
High Middle Ages
1. Key vocabulary
- High Middle Ages, Crusades, Holy Land, Pope Urban II, Saladin, Richard the Lionhearted, knight, chivalry, Magna Carta, Norman Conquest, scholasticism, Great Schism
- scholasticism, monasticism, mendicant orders, heretics
3. Medieval orders
- Benedictine order, Cistercian order, the Franciscans, the Carmelites, Dominican order, Augustinian order
4. East-West Schism
- history, points of conflict, mutual excommunication, efforts at reconciliation
5. The Crusades
- why, beginning, first crusade, crusader states, second crusade, third crusade, fourth crusade, children’s crusade, 5th-9th crusades
- history, order of knights, becoming a knight, weapons and armor, coat of arms, tournaments & jousting, chivalry
7. The Magna Carta
- history, barons rebel, signing the Magna Carta, details, First Barons’ War, legacy
8. Norman Conquest of 1066
- Normans, claims to the throne, Norway invades, Norman invasion, control of England, legacy
9. Mongol Invasion of Europe
- Mongol Empire, Kievan Rus, Poland, Kingdom of Hungary, Croatia, Austria & Bulgaria, resistance, end, later raids
10. Science & technology
- Renaissance of the 12th century, universities, scholastics, important events
- art, Bayeux tapestry, architecture, music
- manorialism, nobility, clergy, Jewish communities, women
Late Middle Ages
1. Key vocabulary
- Late Middle Ages, papal schism, Avignon, Reconquista, Johannes Gutenberg, Thomas Aquinas, Ottoman Empire, Black Death, Hundred Years’ War, Joan of Arc, William Wallace, inquisition
- Papal Schism, John Wycliffe, Jan Hus, witchcraft, Reconquista
3. Science & technology
- moveable type, maritime technology, Thomism, theories of motion
4. Rise of the Ottoman Empire
- Anatolia before the Ottomans, origins, government, military
5. Black Death
- origins, plague in Europe, poor hygiene, reaction, persecutions, recurrence
6. Hundred Years’ War
- start, raids, Black Prince, peace, Battle of Agincourt, Joan of Arc, end
- the Moors, Moors invade Europe, start of the Reconquista, military orders, fall of Granada
8. War of the Roses
- causes, rival families, roses, beginning, Edward IV, Richard III
9. Great Famine
- background, geography, great famine, consequences
10. Peasants’ Revolt
- causes, John Bampton, demands, advance on London, dispersion, end
11. Causes of the Scottish Wars of Independence
- background, Edward as Lord Paramount, the Great Cause, King John, Franco-Scottish Alliance
12. Scottish Wars of Independence
- first & second war
13. Spanish Inquisition
- false conversions, jurisdiction, growth, investigations, numbers
14. Decline & Fall of the Byzantine Empire
- collapse of the West, rise of Islam, Seljuk conquest of Anatolia, civil wars, rise of the Ottomans, fall of Constantinople
Please view each product for an in-depth look at what is included in this resource!
Check out my other interactive notebooks!
Ancient World History
Ancient World History Interactive Notebook BUNDLE
World Religions Interactive Notebook BUNDLE
Origins of Buddhism
Origins of Hinduism
Origins of Islam
Origins of Judaism
Origins of Christianity
Connect with me on social media!
Instagram: Click here
Facebook: Click here
Pinterest: Click here
Tips for customers!
Click the ★ on the right to follow my store and be notified of new products!
If you have any questions, concerns, or comments about the download please email me at email@example.com
prior to leaving feedback. I will be more than happy to make any changes or corrections that are needed!
Positive feedback on TpT is welcome and loved! You can also earn credits toward future purchases when you leave feedback on paid items!
To learn how to earn credit toward your next TpT purchase, click here