England- John I, Henry VIII, Elizabeth I
France- Henry IV
Spain- Isabella & Ferdinand, Philip II
Russia- Catherine the Great
Prussia- Frederick the Great
~1 pg description of each monarch & their rule including achievements and importance.
~Picture sheet of each monarch with their image in the middle & questions surrounding the monarch
~Graphic Organizer- CHART- Includes each monarch with three questions about their rule and a summary question.
1. Have 7-8 stations (tables)- One for each monarch. Isabella & Ferdinand are together.
2. Give each student a copy of each monarch's picture sheet.
3. In groups, have students move from station to station.
4. At each station, have several copies of the monarch reading page. Students will use this page to complete their picture sheet for the monarch.
5. After students have completed ALL monarch stations, have students return to their seats. Give each student a copy of the graphic organizer chart. Using their picture sheets and each other, have students complete the graphic organizer.
I have used this activity with Special Ed, ELL, General Ed and Honors students. I've allowed students to go through the stations individually. Sometimes I've given the class a time of 30 minutes to complete it all. Sometimes I've given each group 4 minutes at a station and then dictated they rotate.
It is a simple activity I've used to monitor student learning AFTER we've completed study of these monarchs. I did not include Peter the Great or Louis XIV because I do something different for them.
I hope you find this useful and feel free to vary anything to your needs.