European Vacation Project
is a fun way for World History students to sum up their European history by traveling to Europe! This is a wonderful project to end the year in World History class - one of my favorites! Students research a summer trip to Europe and present their fun to the class. You will need online access to computers, iPads etc. Students can use PowerPoint, Google slide or any other slides show app. Rubric and Warm-up questions included.
Why I love this Project
1. I get 100% engagement. Students imagine being on their own, many for the first time, as they plan a trip to Europe. They have to think ahead in planning their trip. They also have to budget for their trip.
2. They can plan a trip based on their interests. (Like soccer? Head to a soccer stadium. Like beaches and the sun? Head to the islands of Greece.) They can focus on Eastern Europe, Western Europe, from the North to the South. Innsbruck, Austria has snowboarding all year long. They could head for the Austrian Alps
3. Students have fun with the project. Many students planned their trip with other students(They would meet their friend in Paris for a couple of days and then take off separately to Spain and Italy.)
4. They learn so much about their countries the “visit.” This virtual trip actually immerses them in the countries they research and explore.
5. Their presentations are fun to watch and listen to. Other students learn from their presentations.
6. I get a small break while they complete their research. 1-2 weeks of grading papers and getting ready for finals.
More stuff on the way!
“Follow me” to be the first to know about new products!
Also, follow me on Pinterest at World History Ideas
or World History TpT Store