This pack relates to euros and euro cents currency.
The presentation can be used as follow-up to the first pack and builds upon the skills students have learnt previously. It still uses a step-by-step approach to teaching money but using higher value coins.
This pack contains:A comprehensive PowerPoint Presentation (53 Slides) - divided into convenient sections.
1.Reviewing coins and their values, money exchange and using the 50c, €1 and €2 coins.
2. Using €1 and €2 euro coins. Using combination of coins to equal the value of the one euro and two euro coins.
3. Using euros and cents together - this is explained in the presentation with various whole class activities
4. Giving change from €1 and € 2 euro coins.
The Presentation also includes whole class activities and different strategies students can use to work out money problems. Students also learn to change, e.g. 125 cents to €1.25.
**4 Flexible Lesson Plans - contains objectives, plenaries and main lesson. PowerPoint Slides are referred to in the lesson plans. **
Some preparation is required: Laminate the coin sheets, coin cards and price tags for practical tasks at tables.
- Adding up combinations of euro coins (2 worksheets).
At the Mall (2 worksheets) - adding two items. Extension adding three items.
- You will need the coin sheets or you can use plastic euro money. Students draw or use the laminated coins to work out different combination of coins that equal €1. Challenge: Different combination of coins that equal two euros. E.g. 50¢ + 20¢ + 20¢ + 10¢ = €1
- Two-part money activity Worksheets (x2).
Section A - students complete the table; Section B - students complete the addition sums.
- 2 Giving change activity.
Students in groups at their table. Students take turns to pick a €1 coin card and a price label. The rest of the students in the group work out the change.
Challenge: Working out change from €2. Students choose one of the yellow price labels.
Worksheets and slides are shown in the preview panes.
File Type: PowerPoint , Word and PDF format.
You may be interested in Pack 1 - Step by Step Introduction to the Euro currency.
Money- Euros and Cents Pack 1
Other related product:
Euros and Euro cents Money - Count Add Subtract Tasks and Word Problem Worksheet
This product is also part of a bundle:
Euro and Euro Cents Money BUNDLE