Evaluating Expressions with Zero and Negative Exponents is shared with multiple examples and practice problems for students.
* The basic rules of operation for exponents are presented along with clear explanations as to why.
* A real-life application concerning the population of the United States is offered as an opportunity for students to use their newly-introduced information.
* A short four question follow up assessment is included for students and instructors to determine levels of understanding and, perhaps, need for further review.
* GUIDED NOTES are provided to encourage active participation among students; notes are beneficial to review for test/quiz/final preparation.
* This lesson is aligned with Common Core Standards.
LOVE TO TEACH!