• The "Evaluating the Argument" template can be used on any editorial or argumentative piece! It will challenge your students to think critically and deeply about what they're reading!
• This can become a weekly activity or assignment! Simply search the web for any editorial; I like to use the "New York Times", but any publication will work. Students must analyze the effectiveness of the argument, using the guide.
• This worksheet walks students through the entire process; it gets them to think deeply and critically about any argument or editorial piece.
• This process requires students to move through the entire spectrum of thought and cognitive processing.
• Students love to discuss their findings and critique the pieces.
• You can have students complete the template alone or in groups, and then discuss as a class.