Evaluation and Selection of Countries for Operations is a lecture which is covered during International Business Module for bachelor/master level students.
The country evaluation and selection process determines the geographical opportunities firms choose to pursue. This lecture first discusses the challenges of marketing and production site location. It goes on to carefully examine the process by describing the choice and weighting of variables used for opportunity and risk analysis as well as the inherent problems associated with data collection and analysis. The lecture then introduces the use of grids and matrices for country comparison purposes, discusses resource allocation possibilities, and concludes by noting the different factors considered as part of start-up, acquisition, and expansion decisions.
Lecture Learning Objectives:
• Grasp company strategies for sequencing the penetration of countries
• See how scanning techniques can help managers both limit geographic alternatives and consider otherwise overlooked areas
• Discern the major opportunity and risk variables a company should consider when deciding whether and where to expand abroad
• Know the methods and problems when collecting and comparing international information
• Understand some simplifying tools for helping to decide where to operate
• Consider how companies allocate emphasis among the countries where they operate
• Comprehend why location decisions do not necessarily compare different countries’ possibilities
• Fathom the conditions that may cause prime business locations to change in the future.
In this file you will find:
- 1 Evaluation and Selection of Countries for Operations Lecture Power Point Presentation
- 1 Guide file how to conduct Lecture
- 1 Test Bank with 100 different questions and full answer to them with the descriptions and explanations
- 4 Interesting Exercises for Seminar
- 6 Interesting Discussion Questions and answers to them
- 1 additional reading file about the lecture topic in order to enhance Lecturer/Teacher/Student knowledge
- 1 folder with useful pictures
Once you will purchase this resource please leave a comment!
**Please click on the star above to follow us!