"Everybody Cooks! STEM Facts and Recipes for Family Cooperation and Healthier Eating" is more than a simple cookbook. Each recipe contains a STEM fact related to the product being prepared. Nutritional information is presented in an easy-to-understand format.
The best part of this book is the organization of the recipes in step-by-step fashion, organized by the ability of each chef. (See the Thanksgiving sample!)
Everybody Cooks! STEM Facts and Recipes for Family Cooperation and Healthier Eating has been named among the best in family-friendly media, products and services, earning a SILVER CERTIFICATE for 2015.
This 92-page book contains recipes for holidays throughout the year:
• Hanukkah Baked Sufganiyot
• Veggie (and fruity!) Christmas Tree
• Kwanzaa Sweet Couscous
• New Year’s Eve Layered Appetizers
• Chinese New Year Dumplings
• Super Bowl Sunday Zucchini “Fries” and Dip
• Groundhog Day Peanut butter Shadow Cookies
• Valentine Berries on Meringue
• President’s Day Cherry Vanilla Smoothies
• Purim Hamantashen
• St. Patrick’s Day Rainbow Fruit Salad
• Earth Day Organic Bento Box
• Passover Potato Cheese Casserole Brunch
• Easter Bread Basket
• Cinco de Mayo Guacamole
• Mother’s Day Blueberry Muffins
• Memorial Day Layered Fruit Dessert
• Flag Day French Toast
• Father’s Day Nuts and Bolts
• Graduation Coconut Cake Pops
• Juneteenth Red Beans and Rice
• 4th of July Patriotic Ice Pops
• Ramadan Martabak
• Labor Day Fruit and Veggie Kebabs
• Back-to-School Apple Pi
• Grandparents Day Pumpkin Soup
• Rosh Hashanah Tzimmes
• Healthy Halloween Fun
• Diwali Vegan Flatbread (Naan)
• Veterans Day Creamed Beef on Toast
• Election Day Rolled Sandwiches
• Thanksgiving Cranberry Orange Bread
This collection of recipes is perfect for cooking classes, homeschool instruction, and home family fun. It is easily printed so you can create a ring-bound copy for your home or classroom.
The author (me!) is a retired award-winning Family Consumer Sciences teacher.
This title is also available in perfect-bound paperback in a separate listing.