- 16 pages with samples, worksheets and history of rangoli.
- Mostly, 6-pointed star-center starters to create an amazing variety of rangolis.
- Rangolis are a great way to challenge children to use symmetry and free flow of ideas in an individual or collaborative artwork. One child can begin with the center, and another can add a successive whirl, promoting acceptance of each other's ideas, team play and sense of collective pride in the finished artwork.
- Rangolis pinned to the bulletin board bring a happy feel to the class.
- Diwali is a good time to use Rangoli, but every day Rangoli is great stimulation for left and right brain coordination.
- Daily rangolis are great morning starters, to start the day on a calm yet enthusiastic note.
- Use colored markers directly, no pencil required. This is an eraser free art where children soon become confident with the strokes as it is quite easy to do despite it looking difficult as there are clear and easy steps.
Integrated Ancient India Art Projects for STEAM
- Bhimbetka Cave Art Paintings, Art Project from Ancient India
- Everyday Art, Rangoli from Ancient India, Diwali Motifs, Set 1
- Spring, Summer Art Project, Paisley Patterns from Ancient India
- Ancient India Art Project, Warli Art
- Ancient India, Food, Word Search, Book 1
- Ayurvedic Ancient India Food, Wordsearch
Children learn to work independently, become calm and happy, learn to be patient, handwriting and strokes will improve, self confidence will improve, creativity enhances, motor skills improve and those who did not enjoy Art earlier, develop a liking for Art and soon want to learn new things as Art is therapy for the mind and it improves our thinking ability.
• Log in to your Teachers Pay Teachers account.
• Click on the drop down menu 'My TpT'.
• Select 'My Purchases'.
• Choose ratings and share your valuable feedback.