Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
No planning needed! You'll have everything you need boost student informational and expository writing confidence and mastery with Set 3 of daily writing warm ups.
Six weeks of easy-to-use, standards-based practice.
Students revise and edit sample expository texts while they practice key writing skills -- great for test prep!
It makes sense that your warm ups reinforce your writing lessons! These warm ups go hand-in-hand with your expository/ informative text unit, so your students are working on the same skills!
This is what you'll get:
• six weeks of standards-based narrative warm ups!
• 30 student warm up activities
• a teacher guide with scope & sequence chart so you can target the skills your students need
• week 1 (description): present effective introduction, revise sentence structure (complex sentence), identify inappropriate details, develop main idea, punctuation
• week 2 (cause/effect): create a thesis, internal cohesion (transitions), use of conjunctive adverbs, develop conclusion, proofread for spelling, grammar, punctuation
• week 3 (procedural): logical development of ideas, sentence variety analysis, precise word choice, external coherence (transitions), misplaced modifiers
• week 4 (compare/contrast): choosing an organizational strategy, sentence variety, figurative language, indefinite pronouns, parenthesis use
• week 5 (persuasive): supporting argument with facts, sentence structure, verb variety, internal coherence (transitions), using a colon
• week 6 (literary response): incorporating textual evidence, internal coherence, relative pronouns, eliminating unnecessary detail, punctuation
• suggested answer key - please note that student answers will vary. The answer key provides you an idea of how your students might address the task.
This is a zipped file that includes four files:
• teacher guide with chart of skills for each day and week and a student response form you can use for assessments
• 30 student warm ups
• suggested answer key
• student warm ups alternated with answer key - so you can project the warm up and then a suggested response (I tried to think of everything!!)
Students revise and edit sample expository texts while they practice key writing skills.
Each day addresses a different skill.
• sentence structure
• word choice
Expository writing modes include:
• response to literary text
This resource takes students through six weeks of expository writing skills where they have the opportunity to practice specific writing standards.
This is going to save you so much time and streamline your teaching!!
Reasons to ♥ this resource:
♥ ready to use -- project or print
♥ answer key with suggested responses - great for discussions
♥ addresses 6 expository writing modes
♥ standards based
♥ bite-sized revisions that are perfect for mini lessons, reinforcement, or differentiation
♥ can be used in any order to support whatever writing mode you are working on
Please see the preview for all the goodies. If you have any questions, please let me know in the Q&A section below. I will get right back to you!
Interested in going paperless?
This product works well with the other daily warm ups!
Save money! Sets 1, 2, and 3 are available as a bundle:
I'd love to have you follow my store and be the first to learn about new products, freebies, and sales. Just click on the green star by my store name.
I can't wait to hear from you! I read and respond to all feedback! I truly appreciate you taking time to leave it (plus, you get credit for future purchases)!
Happiness always ♥