Everything you need to set up a...
What is a Collections Fair?
A collections fair is a fun event for students and their families in any grade!
It can be a class event, a grade event, a division event, or a school-wide event!
Before the collection, students begin a new collection of free and found materials: for example, rocks, fruit stickers, seashells, twigs, photographs, beads, pop can tabs!
They assemble their collection, sort it using a sorting rule, and display it in a creative way!
This can be an independent project, or a family project, depending on your vision for the event and the kids' ages!
At the fair, the students have an opportunity to show off their hard work to their family and friends!
This is a great community building event!
This product includes...
* Instructions: What is a collection fair? What should students collect?
* Timelines: When to send out family letters and reminders
* Parent Letters #1, #2, #3 (ready to fill in with your school's details!)
* Event reminder slips
* Pictures of a Collections Fair in action! (three pages of pictures from our *
Kindergarten Collection Fair last year!!)
* A colourful Participation Certificate
* Sparkly Student Badges to print for students to wear during the event, that read “official collector”
For pictures and updates of this event in action, both last year and this year, check out my instagram feed, Kindergartenteachertired: