Everything you learned about Commas is LIES
L = List I = Introductory Phrases
E = Extra information S = Sentences with a conjunction
1. January February and March are cold bitter months.
2. Marianne’s radio woke her with news of a fire an airplane crash and a bus strike.
3. The vet treated the cold wet sick dog
4. There are four steps to any house-painting job: first scraping second sanding third priming and fourth painting.
5. After four round with the champ, Diaz was knocked down.
6. When you pay the toll the gate goes up.
7. At noon the auction will begin.
8. No I’m not leaving yet.
9. The bus lines I think have increased the fare.
10. Brenda on the other hand enjoys her math class.
11. Delighted at the prospect of a summer on the beach Christina took the job.
12. You will be the party I suppose.
13. The rust I am afraid has eaten through the floor of the car.
14. After dialing Tony’s number rita had second thoughts.
15. Because the public pool was closed we had no place to swim.
16. My sister Jennifer works there.
17. The Superbowl the biggest game of the year is Sunday.
18. Our assistant coach Mr. Wagner played with the Jets.
19. The Dodgers won the pennant but they lost the World Series.
20. Ken works but he isn’t paid much.
21. Please submit your application to Dr. Vasquez the director of the project.
22. “The sun” said the pitcher “was in my eyes.”
23. Is Molly still working at Burger King or did she find a new job?
24. Gary likes knockwurst a sausage with lots of seasoning.
25. Captain William Kidd a well-known pirate buried treasure in New York.
26. Ms. Calder this is my cousin James.
27. We worked and then we relaxed.
28. The walking catfish was first reported near Clearwater Florida on May 25 1968.
29. The album was made in Nashville a city with many recording studios.
30. Outside the wind blew fiercely.
31. On December 3 1967 a doctor successfully transplanted a human heart.
32. The album was made in Nashville a city with many recording studios.
33. Coins are made in Denver Colorado and Philadelphia Pennsylvania.
34. On this diet I can eat bread fruits and vegetables.
35. Yes Mel I remember to buy Doritos potato chips and the dip.