Also included in
- Are your students struggling with writing claim, evidence, and reasoning? Need an arsenal of PRINTABLE AND DIGITAL teaching tools and writing scaffolds for your c-e-r writing projects? This bundle has everything you need to introduce C-E-R (or CER, C.E.R, etc.) to your students AND have them practic$11.58$14.48Save $2.90
Are you looking for a fun way for your high school students to practice evidence? Maybe you just need an easy and out-of-the-box method for reviewing the C-E-R (claim, evidence, and reasoning) framework? These printable and digital evidence task cards are the perfect review!
This set of task cards allows students to brainstorm evidence ideas, match appropriate evidence to differing tasks, evaluate strong and weak evidence, and more.
With these 24 two-sided cards, you'll have an activity you can use year after year. Students can work through them individually, in pairs, or in groups. Partner and group work can lead to fruitful discussions and poignant questions. You can even do the task cards as a whole-class review by pulling 1-3 cards and posing the questions to your class.
Teaching online, need a review that students can do at home, or have students absent for the activity? Simply assign the Google Form version instead, giving students access to the same practice.
I use these with my high school English students, but I've written them in order for my students to practice applying C-E-R to any persuasive or argumentative task. There are literary, scientific, real-world, and even a few imaginary examples within the task cards (see them all in the preview!).
- Teacher's Guide with suggested uses
- 24 task cards (with a back design)
- Response Sheet for students
- Answer Key with possible responses
- Google Form version of task cards
All of the non-editable task cards are visible in the preview. Please be sure to review it prior to purchase to be sure that this resource is right for you and your students. The Google Form version is fully editable.
Grab the bundle or check out my other resources:
- C-E-R Writing Student Handout Freebie
- C-E-R Introductory Slideshow
- C-E-R Writing Review Worksheet
- Claim Task Cards
- Reasoning Task Cards
- C-E-R Graphic Organizer
***These resources are PDF files and a Google Form within a Google Drive folder. You will need to allow Teachers Pay Teachers to have access to your Google account (if you have any issues, Teachers Pay Teachers has great tech support and a FAQ page). Before purchasing, please review the preview to make sure this resource supports your and your students' needs. The whole resource, with the exception of any answer keys, are included in the preview.