Give your students a hands-on experience with several signs of a chemical change! These 4 labs with EASY SUPERMARKET SUPPLIES can be performed by students or used as quick demos. Supports NGSS MS-PS1-2!
Through these simple labs, students will witness:
- Temperature changes (both exothermic and endothermic)
- Gas formation
- Color change
- Formation of a precipitate
During this activity, students will:
- READ a 1-page text with background information about signs that a chemical reaction has taken place.
- ANSWER check for understanding questions based on the text, including a CER.
- FOLLOW CLEAR DIRECTIONS to perform 4 simple labs.
- MAKE OBSERVATIONS about the signs of a chemical reaction occurring at each station.
- IDENTIFY the reactants and products of each reaction.
Supply List: hydrogen peroxide, balloon, flask, beakers, plastic cups, dry yeast, lemon juice, bleach, baking soda, stirring rods, Epsom salt, sodium bicarbonate (washing soda)
- Please note that this resource is not editable.
- Answer key included.
- The document includes one reaction per page, so if you want to eliminate one of the reactions, you can.
Please consider clicking HERE to follow Elevation Science on TPT!