This lesson plan was made to help students learn climate change. Through this unit students will understand how and why the climate is changing. They will learn the difference between climate and weather. Through this unit lesson plan students will learn that evidence of climate change includes global warming, ocean warming, sea levels rising and melting of land and sea ice.
The Learner Goals/Essential Questions for this less are:
• What is Climate Change?
• What is evidence of climate change?
• What is the difference between climate and weather?
• What is global warming?
• How does global warming affect the oceans here on Earth?
• How does ocean warming affect us?
• How does ocean warming affect the Earth?
• What is sea level rise?
• What is the cause of sea level rise?
• How does sea level rise affect us here in Delaware?
• What are ice sheets?
• What is sea ice?
• How does the melting of melting of land and sea ice contribute to climate change?
• How does the melting of land and sea ice affect us?
This unit is 7 days worth lessons (~85 minutes per day). The handouts and printables used in this lesson are included below the lesson plan. The PowerPoint for this lesson is also included. Activities that are included:
-Warm ups (Do Now)
This lesson is aligned with the State of Delaware Science Standards & NGSS. The standards that you see within the PowerPoint are the State of Delaware Science Standards (you can delete/edit them in the PowerPoint if you'd like).