My students love to play games, and this is one of their favorites! They love Evil Fox, which is played just like Old Maid. All the cards are dealt to the students, and they take turns making a match. The person that is left with the Evil Fox loses. I just LOVE to see them play. They laugh and laugh!
I use this game to help my students learn their high frequency words. I have used Jan Richardson's leveled words as well as Fry's first 100 words.
The cards can be used in other ways as well. They can be used to play Evil Fox (a game just like Old Maid), memory, flashcards, or as a match game. I have also provided a recording sheet if you want to have an accountability sheet during center time. I promise your kids will love it!
I have provided 6 decks of cards.
1. Jan Richardson's Level A High Frequency Words
2. Jan Richardson's Level B High Frequency Words
3. Jan Richardson's Level C High Frequency Words
4. Jan Richardson's Level D High Frequency Words
5. Jan Richardson's Level E High Frequency Words
6. The remaining words from Fry's List of High Frequency Words
Please see my other Evil Fox games!
Link-Evil Fox Game-Matching Capital & Lowercase Letters (Played like Old Maid)
Beginning and Ending Sounds-
Link-Evil Fox Game-Matching Letters and Initial/Ending Sounds (Played like Old Maid)