Engage your students in this jigsaw or station activity to learn about the rise of totalitarian regimes in the early twentieth century, and the impact of World War II dictators: Hitler, Mussolini, Stalin, and Tojo.
This is an excellent introduction into a World War II unit in both U.S. History and World History!
This student-centered lesson plan is presented as EvilCon - a convention of the most evil people to ever walk the twentieth-century earth.
Lesson Objective: Students will investigate World War II dictators from Europe and Asia in order to analyze the impact of totalitarianism on the state, its citizens, and the rest of the world, and discuss how the rise of these dictators led to the outbreak of World War II.
- NEW! Google Presentation included to introduce and guide the lesson, along with an exit pass and extension activity.
- two learning experience ideas to investigate information
- one-page readings on the story of Hitler, Mussolini, Stalin, and Tojo
- a BONUS two-page reading on Emperor Hirohito (Should HE be held accountable for the atrocities of World War II?) - a great extension activity!
- Note-taking guide/graphic organizer to aid student comprehension.
- Teacher's Guide version of the graphic organizer
- BONUS! Introductory video montage of totalitarian leaders (set to Star Wars music)
Teachers of Liberty creates learning experiences that are teacher-ready and aimed at developing critical thinking skills, engaging classroom discussions, and a deeper appreciation for the great story of America.
Drop us a note in the Q&A with questions or suggestions for new activities. We are updating the store to include new materials every week!