Also included in
- This "Theory of Evolution Complete Unit Plan Bundle" Includes everything you need to teach an introductory unit on evolution to your life science or biology students. Includes both printable and digital formats. The bundle contains a 96-slide PowerPoint presentation, lecture notes for the teacher,$29.95$38.96Save $9.01
These 96 slides will captivate your students with stunning photos and diagrams to provide an in-depth study of the life and times of Charles Darwin, and the other scientists who contributed to evolutionary theory. Choose to use the traditional printable version, or the paperless, digital Google Apps version. These lessons on evolution detail the culture and beliefs of the 1800's and the historic travels of Darwin that led him to develop his theory of evolution. The PowerPoint covers all the topics you would expect from a traditional high school biology textbook, including natural selection, descent with modification, the fossil record, homologous structures, embryology, mass extinctions, adaptive radiations, and the many other patterns of evolution.
This resource is perfect for traditional classroom settings, distance learning, flipped classrooms, or for students in 1:1 classrooms.
What is included in this product?
- A 96-Slide PowerPoint Presentation (Includes traditional PowerPoint, PDF, and Google slides)
- Editable and printable 14-page set of lecture notes for the teacher
- Editable and printable 18-page guided notes outline for the student
- Paperless Digital Version (not editable) for use in Google Drive, Google Classroom, and /or Microsoft OneDrive
The Power Point is designed to hold the attention of your students. The 96 slides are bright and colorful and contain loads and loads of visually appealing pictures and images. Animations and transitions are included to allow you to control the pace of the lesson.
Your students are going to love using the outline as you teach. It allows the student more freedom to listen, think, and ask questions during note-taking. The notes are also perfect for students with disabilities or IEP's.
Topics covered are:
I. Introduction to Evolutionary Theory
- Biological Diversity
- What is a Theory?
- What is Evolution?
- Who “Discovered” Evolution?
II. Charles Darwin: A Brief Biography
III. The Voyage of the HMS Beagle
IV. Darwin’s Observations
- Enormous Number of Species
- Patterns of Diversity
- The Galapagos Islands
- The Journey Home
V. Ideas in Darwin’s Time
- A Time of Discovery
- Conflicting Views of Darwin’s Work
- An Ancient and Changing Earth
- Georges Cuvier
- James Hutton
- Charles Lyell
- Jean-Baptiste Lamarck
- Thomas Malthus
VI. Darwin Develops His Theory of Evolution
- When Darwin Returned Home
- What Changed?
VII. Darwin’s Theory of Evolution
- Common Ancestry
- Darwin Presents His Evidence
- Descent With Modification
- Artificial Selection
VIII. Evolution by Natural Selection
- Concepts of Darwin’s theory
- What is Natural Selection?
- Common Descent
- The Controversy
- Summary and Important Points
IX. The Evidence for Evolution
- The Fossil Record
- Geographic Distribution
- Biological Molecules
X. Evolution in Action
- Selection Pressure
- The Peppered Moth
- Pesticide Resistance in Insects
XI. Patterns of Evolution
- Selection Pressure
- Adaptive Radiation
- Convergent Evolution
- Divergent Evolution
- Punctuated Equilibrium
This PowerPoint is appropriate for any biology student in grades 9 - 12. It can be used in first or second year biology classes.
Related Products Include:
For updates about sales and new products, please follow my store:
I would love to have you follow me at these locations as well: