Also included in
- Want to improve your students' science literacy? Included are 40 biology writing prompts (both pdf and Google slide versions) that cover your year-long curriculum! Bundle and save! Topics include:1. Scientific Method (throughout all units)2. Characteristics of Life3. Cell Size4. Levels of Organi$16.00$20.00Save $4.00
- Want to improve your students' science literacy? Included are 138 secondary science writing prompts! Bundle and save! Preview each unit before you purchase: Scientific Procedures Writing PromptsCells Writing PromptsEcology Writing PromptsGenetics Writing PromptsEvolution Writing PromptsPhysics Writi$53.60$67.00Save $13.40
- Bundle and save with this evolution unit! Check out the previews of the lessons, labs, and activities included in your purchase!Be sure to follow my TpT store by clicking on the green "follow me" next to my seller picture to receive notifications of new products and upcoming sales. Don't forget to l$58.40$73.00Save $14.60
Want to improve your students' science literacy? Included are 10 evolution writing prompts on the following topics:
1. Nature of Science- Theory vs. Law
2. Survival of the Fittest
3. Natural Selection- peppered moth
5. Vestigial Structures
6. Homologous Structures
7. Selection Graphs
9. Fossil Record
Why use writing prompts?
All students need to improve their writing skills, especially english language learners. I created these writing prompts specifically for my ELL students. Writing is typically one of the lowest scoring categories on the state language proficiency exam. To help them improve, I assigned a writing prompt for homework BEFORE the lesson was taught. The goal is for students to think and write about scientific phenomena. Having them answer the prompt before the lesson was taught allowed me to assess prior knowledge, address misconceptions, and guide my teaching.
- PDF of 10 writing prompts with teacher answer key (14 pages)
- Google slide student version (10 slides)
You might also be interested in:
Be sure to follow my TpT store by clicking on the green "follow me" next to my seller picture to receive notifications of new products and upcoming sales.
Don't forget to leave feedback to earn TpT credits that can be used for future purchases!
♻️ Check out my blog
♻️ Follow me on facebook
♻️ Follow me on instagram
♻️ Follow me on pinterest