Also included in
- This resource is a set of 300+ Warm-Ups, Bell-Ringers, Exit Slips, and/or Interactive Notebook Pages for 6 different units of study. These activities are perfect for the first few minutes of your class. Both printable and digital versions are included. This bundle includes over 300 student pages cPrice $58.99Original Price $74.45Save $15.46
- This resources consists of ONE FULL YEAR of Biology No Prep Warm Ups, Bell Ringers, and Inserts for Interactive Notebooks. This is a huge bundle of 35 sets of warm ups and bell ringers covering all chapters in a typical biology textbook:Introduction to ScienceCell Structure and FunctionEcologyGenetPrice $182.00Original Price $254.88Save $72.88
This resource is a set of 61 Warm-Ups, Bell-Ringers, Exit Slips, and/or Interactive Notebook Pages for your Evolution and Classification units. These activities are perfect for the first few minutes of your class. Both printable and digital versions are included. The 61 student pages cover Darwin's Theory of Evolution, the evolution of populations (population genetics), origin and history of life on Earth, and classification / taxonomy.
Absolutely NO PREP required!
Both printable and digital versions are included. The student handouts can be printed or used in the paperless digital format in your Google Drive, Google Classroom, Microsoft OneDrive, or similar. This resource is perfect for traditional classroom settings, 1:1 schools, or for distance learning.
Included in this resource:
- 61 Printable and Editable warm-up or bell-ringer activities
- Digital paperless versions (not editable) for use in Google Drive, Google Classroom, and/or Microsoft OneDrive
- Complete answer keys
- Teacher Guide for Warm Ups
- Teacher Guide for Google Apps
- Editable Template pages for starting a warm-up interactive notebook (title page, table of contents)
- Editable Template for creating your own warm-ups.
Includes 61 student pages of biology / life science warm ups or bell ringers for your unit on Evolution and Classification. Student pages are subdivided into the following categories:
- Theories of Evolution (11 pages)
- The Evolution of Populations (17 pages)
- The History of Life on Earth (20 pages)
- Classification of Organisms (13 pages)
How can these be used?
- Warm Ups or Bell Ringers
- Exit Slips
- Additions to Interactive Notebooks
- Homework Assignments
- Tutoring and Review
- Short daily quizzes
- Completed notebook is perfect for semester exam review.
Classroom management is a very large part of what we do every day as science teachers, and the first few minutes of a class period can be somewhat chaotic. You can turn this chaotic time at the beginning of your class into an organized time of meaningful learning.
Please Note: These warm-ups are designed to take 5-7 minutes to complete. They are used for review and reinforcement of key concepts, but are not intended to be used as first-time instruction. Students will need prior instruction and/or textbook to complete these warm ups. This resource contains pages that can be used as warm ups, bell ringers, inserts for your interactive notebooks, homework assignments, or classwork.
This resource does not include teaching materials such as textbook readings, informational text readings, or a teaching PowerPoint.
The pages are printed landscape style. The pages look best if printed in color, but also look great if printed in black/white. Each activity is one-half page in size. Two identical warm-ups are printed per page in order to conserve paper. These half-page activities can be collected and quickly graded, or you might want to have your students keep a daily warm-up notebook. These warm-ups will make excellent additions to your interactive notebooks.
Theories of Evolution Titles (11 pages):
- Darwin’s Voyage
- Darwin’s Observations
- Changing Views About Life on Earth
- The History of Evolutionary Thought
- Darwin’s Theory of Evolution
- The Evidence for Evolution
- Archaeopteryx: A Transitional Fossil
- Embryological Evidence for Evolution
- A Summary of Darwin’s Theory
- Patterns of Evolution
- Thinking Critically About Evolution
The Evolution of Population Titles (17 pages):
- Variation in a Population
- Sources of Genetic Variation
- Variation in Single Gene Traits
- Variation in Polygenic Traits
- Calculating the Frequency of an Allele in a Population
- The Hardy-Weinberg Principle
- The Hardy-Weinberg Conditions
- The Hardy-Weinberg Equation
- Hardy-Weinberg Problems 1
- Hardy-Weinberg Problems 2
- Directional Selection
- Stabilizing Selection
- Disruptive Selection
- Genetic Drift
- Isolating Mechanisms
- Thinking Critically About the Evolution of Populations
The History of Life on Earth Titles (20 pages):
- Early Ideas About Life
- Redi’s Experiment
- Pasteur’s Experiment
- Radioactive Dating
- Calculating Half-Life
- Carbon-14 Dating
- Dating Very Old Rocks and Fossils
- Geologic Time Scale
- The Oparin Hypothesis
- The Miller and Urey Experiments
- The First “Cell-Like” Structures
- The Fossil Record
- The First Living Organisms
- Photosynthesis and Aerobic Respiration
- The First Eukaryotes
- The First Multicellular Organisms
- Colonization of Land
- Processes that Affect Life on Earth
- Timeline of Earth’s History
- Thinking Critically About Earth’s History
Classification Titles (13 pages):
- Early Attempts at Classification
- Carolus Linnaeus
- Binomial Nomenclature
- Classification Comparison
- Phylogenetic Trees
- Modern Classification
- Cladogram Construction
- The 3-Domain System of Classification
- Name That Kingdom!
- Dichotomous Key
- Thinking Critically About Classification
Click these links to view other available units:
In this time saving classroom management strategy, all you have to do is print the pages, cut them in half and put your students to work.
Related Products Include:
For updates about sales and new products, please follow my store:
I would love to have you follow me at these locations as well: